In 1944, Rev. J.L. Griffin saw the need for a church in our community. As a result of his efforts and the efforts of many, Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle was established on July 23, 1944. Starting out as a meeting of believers who met outside under a wood arbor, Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle grew until they were able to build their own church building.
Many years progressed, until the congregation outgrew the little rock church and built a new facility in the same location in 1999. Today we meet in that same location.
In the past fifty years, two pastors have served faithfully at Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle until their retirement. Pastor Harold Howell served until 2011. Pastor Jerry Atkins served until 2016. Our current and active Pastor is Pastor Justin Gazaway who has served since October of 2016. We look forward to growing with him and his family.
Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle is an Independent Baptist Church serving the town of Ringgold, the greater Northwest Georgia area, and the outlying Chattanooga area.